Tuesday, November 10, 2009

23 weeks

How your baby's growing at 23 weeks:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

See
what your baby looks like this week.

The baby's movements are just part of my daily life now. I love it. She often kicks or pushes on my bladder and makes me have to go the bathroom... and I'm daily seeing my stomach actually move when she kicks... usually at night. I'm shocked it's happened so soon.

I've also put on a lot of weight over the last 3 weeks. It's a bit scary. I knew I was going to gain a lot, but seeing the numbers certainly freaks me out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm self-diagnoising that I have bronchitis as a result of my asthma attack Sunday. The coughing is insane and I'm choking on it. Sorry, TMI. But it hurts and I'm miserable. I also have a bit of a fever today, 100.1 degrees. I am going to the doc at 1:15 so we'll see if I'm right or not. I don't know if there is any treatment for this or if I just have to wait for my body to fight it off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, we are working on our worship CD... and it is out at production, which means hopefully it will be out in a few weeks! This project is about 2 years in coming so it's exciting its finally happening!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, reading the intricacies of your baby girl's development is so amazing!!

I hope you feel better so soon, Rach! And stay off the scale! ;)

Anonymous said...

I remember Diane getting colds, flu, whatever at various points over four pregnancies. The thing that stunk was that she was soooo limited on what meds she could take because of the baby. The same thing plays in when breast feeding.

Soooo she got to experience what ever thing she had going on full bore without meds :( I remember someone telling us that when you're sick, your bod takes care of the baby first and you second.

But man those sick times is where I really learned a lot about compassion and sacrifice :)

Anonymous said...

Amy K Smerick
aw, so exciting! I love the little countdown at the bottom of the blog :)