Tuesday, March 2, 2010

39 Weeks

The main word in my mind, vocabulary, thoughts, fears, and conversation is "when??" I am in such anticipation mode. Trying to calm down, trying to enjoy the last days/weeks of my pregnancy (who knows how long it will be). Trying not to have too many feelings of jealousy for some of my close friends around me who have already had their babies (including all the couples in my birthing class, I am now the last one!). God knows Chloe's birthday, and I am trying to remember that, enjoy her and remember she will never be easier to care for then she is right now.

It wouldn't be so bad but with my grandpa's funeral last week, I was just inundated with questions. Everyone wants to be involved and know, which I love in a lot of ways, and is hard in many other ways. I think because of all the questioning I feel more pressure then I would have otherwise!

39 Weeks

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.


She will come when she's ready. I have an appointment tomorrow and hope to get some more ideas, information. Sonogram and non stress test too! So if she doesn't come tonight (which I'm not feeling anything telling me she will) I at least get to see her again :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Think of how far you've come! It is definitely sooner rather than later, now, and that's awesome.

Hang in there! These last days feel like eternity, I know.

amy grace said...

eeek! so excited!!! :)