Wednesday, May 30, 2012

moving/joy/frustration

We are still waiting to close on our house. It is a foreclosure, and we love it, but bought it knowing it would need fixing up. So we have at least 2-3 weeks of work before we can move in AFTER we close on it. It's definitely getting hard... I'm trying very hard not to be discontent. We were supposed to have closed on Friday and things got held back because there is a mold problem in the garage. We were always planning on fixing it ourselves and we knew about it, but the bank flagged it and said - this has to be fixed before you can move in. After some deliberation, we went back to HUD (Housing & Urban Development, the govt, who owns the house) and told them and they offered to fix it but it is SLOW SLOW SLOW with estimates, paperwork, extensions on our closing date, paperwork, etc. etc.

I'm starting to lose hope that we will be in the house by the end of June at all now, and when we will make it in. The longer we have to wait, the more in disrepair things are - we drive by it often to make sure things are ok and the weeds are just out of control, and I just want so badly to get in and start cleaning it up. But we can't touch it until we own it. Which I understand, but it's also so frustrating because it is vacant!

My parents have been amazing taking us in. We are just ready to get into our own space again and get Chloe settled, and my business too. I'm right now taking up half their living room with all my camera gear, paperwork, computer, packaging, etc. It's a mess and I hate living in this disaster but it is what it is.

Chloe loves grandma and granny (that's her name for grand-dad), which is a relief. Tonight we spent 25 minutes just watching granny mow the lawn!

Anyway... I am trying very hard not to complain and to be joyful about this amazing house and the opportunity we had to get it way under purchase price and everything. But I am ready to move on and get in there and make it our own.

Lord, grant me patience through the stress and exhaustion.

No comments: