Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5/29 - 5/30 night time sleep

Bedtime routine started at 7:15 pm (a bit later then normal, and no bath).

Brush teeth, wash up, dry hands (she loves this part)

Chloe's room to change into PJs, get clean diaper on.

Chloe's bed to read books (been reading much longer now - we read 2 long books)

Tucking in and kisses, hugs around 7:40. She protested laying down on her pillow and I had to physically place her in position to get blanket around her multiple times.

She got up and down I believe 9 times from 7:45 until about 8:15/8:30. I ignored and didn't speak to her after the first 2 times (as per the super nanny technique). She screamed for me to put her blankie back on. I ignored her unless she was holding the blankie in which case I put her down, no talking, and quickly put the blankie loosely over her, then left. I had to do this twice, but the last time she did not get out again.

She woke in the middle of the night at midnight and 5:00am, both times only required a hug, placing back in bed and re-tucking blankets. Although at 5 she asked for rocking chair, but I said no. I try not to talk with her at all in the middle of the night unless she seems scared.

She finally woke up and went to the gate in front of her room and started crying to get up at 6:45am

No comments: