Friday, August 28, 2009

12 weeks/doc

Nothing major to report other than TON of intestinal distress from my IBS. It's been worse this week by far then anyother week I've come across yet. I actually went to my PCP (nurse practitioner since Dr. Brown wasn't available) to see if I could take any Bentyl - and she said its really not safe yet. I was bummed, but I also want to do what is best for the baby. I had a long talk with her where I cried a lot (what else is new) about fears something is wrong. She looked me in the eye and said - "Relax, Breathe, and enjoy this. This is the only pregnancy you'll have with this baby. It's out of your hands, and you are doing your best."

It was slightly condescending, but also re-assuring, if that makes sense. Ha! Anyway here's a 12 week belly shot, although it's really no different then last week. The doctor said its totally normal to not really be showing yet and not be much different and that the uterus isn't quite forward yet. This made me feel good.

3 comments:

amy grace said...

eeek der's a baby in der!

Anonymous said...

dur is a babi

Barb said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Hope your sickness passes soon. On the post below where you talked about losing weight, maybe you need to eat more which is hard to do if you're nauseate though.Everything is fine. Think happy thoughts! love you, Barb