Monday, September 14, 2009

New Music, New worship

I've acquired a whole bunch of new music lately, including Matt Redman, Bethany Dillon, Jesus Culture, and some secular tunes Imogen Heap, A Fine Frenzy. I think hearing any of it at a later time will definitely remind me of this time in my life. This busy fall, this crazy time, this early pregnancy. Learning to trust God in new ways, finding His power in different places, relying on him for daily assurances.

Bethany Dillon put out a new album and one song in particular touched me with it's message and simplicity. It could apply to anyone, especially young women who are newly married, in love, or dealing with trying to find time to be with God aside from work, family, and other reponsibilities.

Bethany Dillon - Say Your Name
I'm trying to find a moment with You
These days are speeding by
This ring gives me a new point of view
I'm a dealer in my time
And if I can make a confession
My time is torn between
The man who has won my affection
And the God who made me

Oh it all looks different
But that doesn't mean anything has changed

Still I reach for You
When I am afraid
And this breath that comes from You
Helps me say Your name

I look at the life of Anna
Your presence was her home
I look at the life of my mother
Praying on her back porch

One day very soon
Face to face
I'll give an account of my time to You

1 comment:

Brooke & Freeland said...

Hey! I didnt know you had a personal blog too! Very exciting. Love the song you posted too!!