Tuesday, September 29, 2009

17 week appointment

Had an appointment today at 17 weeks. All seems well. Heart rate measured in in the 140s! At 8 weeks we were in the 160s so this is a bit interesting! Now everyone is saying "ah, definitely a boy" because of the old wives tales about slow heart rate = boy.

Well we'll know in THREE weeks! October 20th is the big ultrasound. We're trying to figure out if we want to do something special to make finding out the gender more of a surprise, like have the ultrasound tech write it in an envelope and enclose a picture of "the goods" for us, and then we can take it to my parents house later that night, and get brian's parents on Skype to open it all together! Or, we can open it later, just the two of us, so we can react whatever way we want alone together. lol. Who knows, just fun thoughts.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Excited I stumbled on this. You're such a good blogger and I definitely noticed your professional blog lacking the pregnancy details. How fun to anticipate the big gender reveal!

amy grace said...

yay! i feel like i love this idea, but maybe you guys should open it alone first...but then again, then you'll show up and we'll know by the look on your faces. HAHA! yay so excited! three weeks is nothing!

*Stace* said...

aww! how exciting! :-)that is a cute idea, and i agree w/mase . . you two should find out first, then tell everyone else in a cute way! then have mase text/call me! :-)

Unknown said...

I like the idea too, but our U/S techs would never take pictures of the "parts" for us. Some kind of legal thing or something. With Aaron, we specifically asked at the 2nd u/s if we could have a picture and they denied us!

I'm not saying your u/s tech won't, but have a backup plan in case they refuse

Also, I know that the most important thing is a healthy baby, etc. But if you are leaning one way or another, do expect a "small" amount of disappointment when you get the news. I had it both times... I really wanted baby to be a girl, and each time we found out it was a boy, my heart sank. I got over it quickly (everyone does) but you might not want to be in the presence of others when if that happens. Its hard to hide your feelings on matters such as this!

If you & Brian find out first then you have a moment to wrap your mind around it and can present it in a sweet way to everyone else, I think it is probably a better plan. (Just my opinion though.)

Danielle said...

i think that's a great idea - and i think you should tape it.

even if they won't do the pic, just ask them to circle boy or girl on a paper you give them in an envelope. good for the baby book, too.

Unknown said...

Ok Rachel..... Im gonig to take a Wild guess... humm heart range is the 160's thats what Joshua was the entire time when I was prego w/ him.... I'm guessing BOY !!!!! :) I also think you guys should find out first !!! gee in 3 weeks my baby girl will be here !!!!!!!! :) :) sooo excited to see and meet her..... well Congrats either way !!!!