Sunday, June 3, 2012

6/3 - 6/4 Night time sleep

Chloe did not take a nap today due to our lunch time plans that we dragged her too, so she was quite cranky all night. Brian has been handling bedtime all weekend and he was going the "take blankie away" threat (and execution) route in combination with stay-in-bed technique. I really didn't want to go back to this because it causes a ton of screaming. and I don't know where to stand or what to do after taking blankie. It worked for him well, we'll see.

I got her in the bathtub around 6:45, and upstairs for bedtime routine by 7:10. We brushed teeth, did pjs and diaper and then read 3 books.

At 7:30 I laid her down
1) She got up immediately and I placed her back in bed and reitterated bedtime verbally that she needed to stay in bed.
2) Second time up at 7:33I told her if she got up again, I was taking blankie away
3) Third time  up at 7:35 I told her blankie was gone because she didn't listen to mommy and she got up.

           Crying and screaming commences for about 1 minute
           I put her back to bed with her blankie at 7:36 and reitterated that blankie would be gone again if she gets out of bed again.

That was the last time!



No comments: