Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6/5 - nap

Major regression today. It was a disaster and I was partly the problem.

I let chloe stay out later then she should've at chic-fil-a as it was our last time with the Lees there. Id idn't want it to end and Chloe was having so much fun so I pushed it. We didn't leave till 12:10, I hoped Chloe would fall asleep in the car but she did not. I let her have 2 sips of my cherry coke and its possible that small amount was enough to boost her, or she just got her second wind.

Finally got her upstairs at 12:52pm
1) Out at 12:53
2) Out again immediately
3) Out at 12:54
4) Out again
5) Out at 12:55
6) Out at 12:56
7) Out at 12:58

During this whole segment above it was confusing. I was talking to her way too much, and then did one blankie removal threat, and she said, ok yes take my blankie. this is very confusing and so I stopped that but took it away. As soon as I left she screamed. Then everything got chaotic after the 7th time out of bed. I was completely inconsistent and didn't know what to do with her becuase she was so wound up, mad and pushing blankie at me, then crying when I took it, then asking me to take it.. I even laid down in her toddler bed with her to calm her down, and this didn't work either.

Finally I got consistent, took blankie out of room and did non-verbal stay-in-bed, over and over, probably about 15 times, from 1:05-1:15. She was so angry. Crying, screaming. I was crying. It was very difficult. Finally at 1:15 after her pleading I made eye contact again, laid her down and told her that I would give blankie back if she stayed in bed. I wiped her eyes and hands and kissed her, and covered her with blankie. Then she said "byeee...."

It's been quiet since (it's 1:25 now). So here's praying.

It's days like this when you want to give up. But I needed her to have that nap so badly, and I could tell she really needed it too. It is so difficult. I felt cruel but I know I was doing all I could.

No comments: