Wednesday, February 10, 2010

36 weeks & appt

36 Weeks!
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position.
-----
Had an appt with my midwife today. They did the strep b swab and I'll find out about that. I had a sonogram of my upper abdominal organs last week - a few things were slightly enlarged but they thought it was pregnancy-related and nothing to worry about. My blood pressure was just a TINY bit high at the beginning of this appt, but by the end it was totally fine. Chloe was head down curled around with her back to my left and her feet somewhere in the right of my abdomen. So cute... I love how professionals can tell where the baby is and can feel the different portions!

I also got some awesome news - my midwives want to do a sonogram/biophysical profile and non-stress-test on me at my next appt becuase of my asthma. They aren't worried, they just want to make sure things are on track. And Peggy said "I just am curious about how much this little girl weighs!" SO AM I! And the thing is I didn't even ask. So, I'm kind of glad I had asthma cuz I get an extra sono. is that terrible to say? probably. I'm literally giddy right now at the thought of seeing any of my baby again - even if it's just a foot. It's been so long!!!

Symptom wise, pain is the same in my abdomen/ribs - pretty rough at times, still have avoided taking the pain medication. I feel like a whale and I almost fell over at the doctor's today getting off the scale (which I for ONCE didn't GAIN any weight in a week which was good cuz I've been packing on the pounds). I am having some slightly painful twinges in my pelvis which is normal, bladder is crazy crazy as usual, joints are loosening and I still think I'm getting some Braxton Hicks contractions, occasionally. Brian couldn't make it to this appt but I think it was a-ok. My mom wasnts to come to the next one to meet my midwives. haha.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE SO CLOSE!!!

3 comments:

The Guilbeault's said...

I have asthma, but my mid-wife won't do another sono.. =[ I did get to see her at 31 Weeks @ a seprate place and her weight was mesuring at 4.7pds.. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Do you have Peggy Boyd? If so, her son and katie went to pre-school together. She is awesome

Anonymous said...

Do you have Peggy Boyd? If so, her son and katie went to pre-school together. She is awesome