Friday, February 19, 2010

37.5 Week Appt & Sonogram... + Papa

We had an exciting appointment yesterday, got to see an ultrasound of Chloe where they 1) confirmed yes she is a girl! said 2) everything looked great and she passed with flying colors 3) estimated her weight around 7 lbs!!! That is so hard to believe, I have a full size infant inside me. She is right on track for almost 38 weeks at that weight. We then did a non stress test where we got to listen to around 30 solid minutes of her heart rate, and that was exciting and fun, especially when it would speed up and get louder when I would laugh, move around, etc. My mom got to come too and meet one of my midwives which I know was really great for her. We got to see just a small glimpse of Chloe's face which was just a heavenly moment for me. It was hard to make out but what I saw was so beautiful.

While doing the non stress test, we called over to my Papa's house, and they put the phone up to his ear so he could hear Chloe's heart beat... I got to tell him I loved him over the phone, and we were all crying. It was a precious moment, and unfortunately the most contact he might get to have with his great grand child. Things have turned on a dime so fast, they are already to the "we are just trying to keep him pain free and comfortable"-stage. They moved him into his hospital bed in his room for the duration of his days... not sure how much longer that will be, but we aren't sure if he'll make it through the weekend. This is all so crazy... the timing of it, the emotion of it, the sadness and joy all at the same time. I seriously am all over the place. I feel good, then numb, then freaked out and panicky, then I just cry and cry while bouncing on an exercise ball trying to prepare for my first child's birth.

I'm sorry for all the emotions in this post. It is an intense intense month. That's all I can say!

At this stage, it's pretty tough to make out really what is going on via sonogram pics because the baby is big, but this is Chloe's face though, sort of turned towards you - can see her nose, mouth and forehead. And by her mouth is her hand.


Here is her body, ribcage, heart, and head.




4 comments:

christa p said...

that is so exciting and heart breaking all at the same time. thoughts and prayers with you and your family. love you!

hmencer said...

I'm sorry you are going through so much heartbreak with your Papa. I know you love him dearly. Hold onto this precious new life and God's love. He will carry you. Love you Rach.

Trisha said...

Oh, Rachel. I'm so sorry you are going through all this at the same time. I can relate, as my grandmother died the day ofter Brian and I got married. It isn't quite the same situation, but what was supposed to be a joyous time turned to sorrow and now looms over our anniversary every year. You will be amazed at what the spirit can do. He just might hold on long enough to see your beautiful Chloe. I will continue to pray for your family through this time.

Anonymous said...

How amazing that you got to share that moment with your papa.

-christie