Saturday, February 6, 2010

chloe's nursery so far


I put these on facebook already but wanted to get them here.

Here is the orange wall with cute new lightswitch cover we were given (love it) and her abundance of stuffed animals (all presents!). The drawer is filled with onesies, and these are only from basically 0-3 months, some 3-6 but they still look super tiny to me. I have been very blessed with clothes... as you'll see in next pictures.


This is the shelf in the closet with hooded towels, wash cloths and receiving blankets. I know it won't stay this neat, but I can dream :-)

Here is the beautiful closet! We love it!!! I am so happy, it is like the epitomy of nesting if I ever saw it. Preparing, washing and folding all this has been therapeutic/exhausting for me at the same time.


Here is the wall mural my father and I painted today. It is based off the crib bedding, JJ Cole, PInk Craze. I wanted something big, graphic and fun but still girly and lighthearted. So I just took the flowers on the bedding and worked with them, creating a design in ILlustrator an d projecting on the wall. It was not easy to paint, took at least 3 coats on each of the flowers to get them thick, perfect enough.


Another view of the mural on the wall and her crib/changing table!



I will be 36 weeks on Tuesday. Things are so crazy in my head right now. I feel so ready and so not ready at the same time - but mostly I just can't wait to meet my child!!! It's just around the corner... the pregnant girls from my shower are starting to tick off the list, 2 out of 5 have had their babies, one more then I'm next. Crazy crazy crazy life!

I'm still in pain, no change there - stopped doing chiropractic because it wasn't helping me. Since I stopped I will say my pelvic/groin pain has actually improved. Not sure if the adjustments might have actually been irritating my sensitive bones/muscles instead of helping. I've been working in bed a lot during the day. I really need to get my taxes done and some business things sorted out in the next 2 weeks so I can put it behind me and focus on the baby when she is born. They gave me a sonogram of my upper abdominal organs to see if there was anything weird going on there, but I don't think they will find anything. I didn't get to see the baby in that sono though, so I was thoroughly disappointed. I know in a few weeks it will be a moot point since I"ll be looking at her in person, but still... it's such a mystery!!!

Also, I feel like a whale. Seriously. And people are starting to say "you look like you're going to pop" to me, which is both exciting and insulting at the same time. Oh I also got "she's never going to make it to March 9 with how she's carrying that baby and how she's walking" -- it's so weird... I don't see myself as waddling, etc, but I guess I am...lol.... but people need to understand we as pregnant ladies don't really have much control over how we carry the baby and how big we get (aside from how much we're eating). I seem to be a bit torpedo-ish... and I can't help it! And I still have a month to go till my due date, and she could put on 2 more lbs during that time. hhhollly crap!!!

aaaaah

6 comments:

christie lee said...

The room is BEAUTIFUL! You and your dad did a great job! I need to start finishing up this room before all the STUFF comes rolling in from showers. Anyways........4 more weeks!

amy grace said...

ha, was it mom that said you weren't going to last till march 9?? heheh :) but yay i hope you DON'T I WANT HER TO COME ASAP! ;) jk you know what i mean!

Ashley Collinsworth said...

I LOVE the room Rachel... you guys did such an awesome job!! I'm definitely in nesting mode right now too. Glad to hear everything is going great... only about 4 more weeks left for us :)

Unknown said...

I hope she does come a little early! (But people were saying that to me at my shower and Ian was not born until 41 weeks.) I love pregnant bellies! HEE HEE! I also know how you are feeling right now, physically, emotionally, etc. It is incredibly overwhelming in good and bad ways. She'll be here before you know it!


What a beautiful little girl's room!

Kassie said...

love it!

The Guilbeault's said...

The room looks AMAZING!