Monday, July 14, 2014

California, Day 2: Monterey Bay

We started out earlier today... I could not sleep past 6:15... must be me still on East Coast time! After some motivational talk, Brian convinced me to go get breakfast! We drove out to Chloe's Cafe (I felt like I had to visit my daughter's namesake's place) and walked in just as they were opening, and it was soooo yummy! We made it just in time before there was a wait. It was small... I Loved it. Cinnamon Croissant French Toast. Today we drove about 2 hours south(ish) to Monterey Bay and it was  a beautiful drive, seeing the grass and vegetation covered sand dunes off to the right... then water... beautiful water.

We were planning on Whale Watching, but it got cancelled. After a non-remarkable lunch, we ended up just riding the trolley car and sort of wandering, then we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium... a very large and cool place. Although the whole time I wished Chloe was with us, she would have really loved it. They had awesome displays of deep sea fish and reefs... jellyfish, etc. Brian sort of followed me around :)

Then we went on a quest for a cupcake place... and finally ended up in a mall type area and got Kara's Kupcakes... they were so good and so expensive, but to me, worth it ;)

We then drove home and I slept... a lot of the drive! Then we came back here after some yummy Thai food at Basil Thai and I basically fell in bed, and slept more! haha...

Tomorrow - Redwoods at Muir Woods, seeing the Golden Gate Bridge up close nad personal, and hopefully WHALES!!!!!!

No comments: