Wednesday, July 29, 2009

1st sonogram

Well, I was still having some mild shoulder pain today as well as some very low pelvic pain (which I thought might be a UTI), so I decided to just call the OB and see if they thought there was anything to be concerned about. Surprisingly, they asked me to come in and just have my ultrasound today, instead of waiting until next week. I was shocked by this, but I guess it's only a week difference and they wanted to just make sure that everything was where it was supposed to be.

I was shocked and elated, and so we went in at 3:45 and saw Baby Lusky for the first time. It was a surreal experience - and I laughed/cried as I first saw that little tiny peanut with a fluttering heart. The baby is still very tiny so we really couldn't see a whole lot but the form of the baby and how it was positioned in the uterus, when she moved around we could see the fluttering heartbeat, 164 bpm, and the head and brain and tiny bumps where arms and legs are forming. It was thrilling, and I am just so freaking psyched. We are so blessed ... and so grateful.




No comments: