Monday, July 27, 2009

8 weeks

Well I believe I am 8 weeks today. Babycenter.com says that webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. The baby is the size of a kidney bean, and is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.

Yesterday was very emotional for me at church. I was having waves of nausea and fear, and guilt and joy - all at once. I almost had to leave a few times... a friend sitting next to me kept saying "are you ok??" wondering about the mood changes on my face. It was wild. Good though always to have a friend near you telling you you are semi-normal!

The emotions involved in this while feeling pretty much 'sick' all the time, are just bizarre! Hopefully I am on track to really start feeling better in a month!

I'm just hanging on for that first sonogram Aug 5. I can't wait.

No comments: