Tuesday, July 14, 2009

6 weeks

I guess! That's a rough estimate but I'm somewhere around 6 weeks today, and the baby is the size of a lentil bean. Weird comparison but it helps. Arm and leg buds are forming, the heart is beating, and nostrils and eyes are forming already. How surreal.

I have my first real appt scheduled at 8 weeks - July 27 at 12:45 with Dr. Wise's nurse. So I guess it's not a real real apointment, we'll probably just go over my blood work. We'll see how that goes. And found out that the ACL didn't draw enough blood to process my prenatal screening, so I have to go back and get more drawn; I'll be sporting a nice bruise on the inside of both arms!

I guess I better get used to being poked and prodded!

--Update, they only did a prenatal screening set that tests for things like rubella, blood type, etc... but still no one has drawn any of the blood tests for hormonal types of testing. I thought this was one of the most important things because it could signify any problems with the pregnancy or any chances of twins, etc.., so this is frustrating, knowing I'll definitely have to go back again in the next few weeks and I haven't even been to the doctor yet!

No comments: